Texas Appleseed promotes social, economic, and racial justice for all Texans by leveraging the skills and resources of volunteer lawyers, other professionals, and community partners to identify practical solutions to difficult, systemic problems. This position serves a key role in carrying out our mission through close collaboration with community members, advocates and leaders related to our project areas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify local issues, projects, campaigns, initiatives, partnerships and opportunities for advocacy
- Engage, educate, include and support the community related to our project areas
- Collect and document stories of directly impacted persons in the community
- Build, maintain, activate and mobilize community relationships for collective action
- Organize, facilitate and attend meetings, calls, events and actions
- Record and track information related to project areas
- Maintain and update information in shared drives, documents, platforms, etc
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in community engagement, outreach, coalition building, project management, and/or campaign strategy
- Bilingual in English, Spanish and/or another common language
- Cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer efficient and technological skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial and economic justice
- Experience in underserved communities and/or rural Texas is preferred
This position will report directly to the Director of Community Outreach. In-state travel is expected 40% of the time, remote work is expected 40% of the time, and in-office work is expected 20% of the time. The approximate salary range is $60,000 to $70,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Texas Appleseed offers competitive pay, paid health, life, dental and vision insurance for full-time employees, a generous paid leave package, as well as retirement matching and flexible hours in an inclusive culture. Texas Appleseed is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and three references to Kristian Caballero at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.