ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Texas Appleseed is a public interest justice center. Our nonprofit works to change unjust laws and policies that prevent Texans from realizing their full potential. We anchor a dynamic network of pro bono partners and collaborators to develop and advocate for innovative and practical solutions to complex issues. Texas Appleseed also conducts data-driven research that uncovers inequity in laws and policies and identifies solutions for lasting, concrete change. Visit us at www.TexasAppleseed.org.
The Development Associate assists the Development Director and Grant Writer with Texas Appleseed’s fundraising efforts.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a database of donors and contacts
- Draft email and social media communications
- Draft and, when approved, communicate donor solicitations, thank yous, and updates
- Assist with grant writing and reporting
- Assist with planning and carrying out fundraising events and annual campaigns
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Required Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Passionate about social justice and our mission
- Bachelor’s degree (2+ years of experience in a related field may substitute for a degree)
- At least one year of work or volunteer experience in a related field
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks under time constraints
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications
Candidates must meet the “Required Skills & Qualifications” above. We hope to see candidates who also have experience with one or more of the following:
- Salesforce or similar donor database (at least one year)
- Mailchimp or similar email marketing platform (at least one year)
- Within the past two years, producing and publishing content for an organizational account for social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Planning corporate or fundraising events
- Online grant submission
SALARY AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION
This position is in Austin, Texas. It is a full-time position at 40 hours a week. The approximate salary range is $57,000 to $63,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Texas Appleseed offers competitive pay; paid health, life, dental and vision insurance for full-time employees; a generous paid leave package; as well as retirement matching; and flexible hours in an inclusive culture. Due to COVID-19, our office is currently working remotely, but this position requires working in the Austin office in the future. Texas Appleseed’s office hours are from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. each weekday. The position is an immediate opening until filled. Texas Appleseed is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email email@example.com (using the subject line: Development Associate) your resumé, a cover letter, and two original writing samples to the attention of Jamie Tegeler-Sauer, Development Director. The cover letter should describe your interest in the position and include a detailed explanation of how your experience meets the minimum qualifications and prepares you for the responsibilities outlined in the job description. Our office is working remotely at this time: Please no phone calls.