Texas Appleseed is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote social, economic, and racial justice for all Texans by leveraging the skills and resources of volunteer lawyers, other professionals, and community partners to identify practical solutions to difficult, systemic problems. We offer a hybrid work environment in a diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
The Grants Manager will assist the Development Director and Senior Donor Relations Officer in securing grant funding and ensuring the organization complies with grant requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a grant filing, tracking, and reporting system.
- Assist with preparing grant proposals and reports, including information gathering, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Establish target dates for grant proposal and report information gathering, writing, review, approval, and submission.
- Communicate information regarding grant deadlines, information requests, and status updates with executive leadership and program staff.
- Work with the finance and accounting team to prepare and monitor grant budgets.
- Research funding opportunities.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of professional fundraising or project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with grant proposal and report elements
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks under time constraints
- Strong analytical skills, including budgeting experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications
- A commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
- A passion for fundraising and development
Candidates must meet the “Required Skills & Qualifications” above. We hope to see candidates who also have experience with one or more of the following:
- Salesforce or similar donor database (at least one year)
- Writing and reporting on private foundation grants
- Soliciting and cultivating donor relationships
- Online grant submission
Salary and Background Information
This position is based in Austin, Texas. This is a full-time position at 40 hours a week. Some in-state travel may be required.
Texas Appleseed offers competitive pay, paid health, life, dental and vision insurance for full-time employees, a generous paid leave package, retirement matching, and flexible hours in an inclusive culture. The approximate salary range is $60,000 to $65,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
The employee will have the opportunity to work fully in person or follow a flex schedule (part in person and part telecommute, as determined with your supervisor). Schedules may be fully remote due to COVID-19. Texas Appleseed is an equal opportunity employer: People of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
The application deadline is July 11, 2022. Please email email@example.com (using the subject line: Grants Manager) your resumé, a cover letter, and two original writing samples to the attention of Jamie Tegeler-Sauer, Development Director. The cover letter should describe your interest in the position and explain how your experience meets the minimum qualifications and prepares you for the responsibilities outlined in the job description. Please no phone calls. Only candidates that we decide to interview will be contacted.